Halloween Cookbooks and Recipes
Halloween is a holiday celebrated on the night of
in many countries around the world, especially
the United Kingdom, and
the United States.
The holiday traces its roots to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, sometimes known
as the "Celtic New Year", and is associated with ghosts, witches, black cats, pumpkins,
costumes, masks, and children being given sweets ("trick-or-treating").
Some Halloween recipes and dishes include:
- Barmbrack (Irish Gaelic: Báirnín Breac) -
A sweet bread made with sultanas and raisins embedded in it. On
various objects such as a coin, a piece of cloth, a pea, a ring and a stick
are traditionally baked into the bread, and what you got in your slice
was the basis of a fortune-telling game:
- Cloth - You will be unlucky or be poor
- Coin - You will have good fortune or be rich
- Pea - You would not marry in the coming year
- Ring - You will wed within the coming year
- Stick - You will have an unhappy marriage or many disputes
- Candy apple (also known as "toffee apple") - This is an apple on a stick with
a hard sugar candy coating, usually made from cooled sugar syrup and colored red.
- Pumpkin pie - This dessert is most often eaten in North America
Thanksgiving, and at
It is made from a pie crust which is
filled with a pumpkin-based custard. The custard is flavored using spices such as cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
Please share your comments on this page:
These web sites may also be of interest:
|Halloween Recipes Downloads & Web Sites|
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by vendor and/or based on publicly available information. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products after following a link from this website.
Note: Some vendors listed below may offer multiple payment options. ClickBank guarantee only applies to purchases made via ClickBank. When purchasing, please review the conditions of sale on the bottom of the ClickBank secure order form for detailed and most recent information.
Available to purchase from ClickBank:
Click here for access
|Over 50 recipes with photos: How would you like a Halloween Recipes eBook packed with over 50 recipes AND photos? Our simple yet knock-out Halloween recipes are unfailingly delicious...and spooky to boot... Plus 3 bonus eBooks - Halloween Crafts eBook, Halloween Drawings eBook, and Halloween Printable Games eBook.|
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by Amazon.com. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products from them after following a link from this website.
|By Hannie P Scott|
Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
Released: October 1st, 2016
Paperback (124 pages)
|Lowest New Price: $8.99*|
*(As of 00:10 Pacific 31 Jul 2021 More Info)
Halloween Recipes: 100 Spooky Recipes For Creepy Halloween Fun
- Manufacturer: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Brand: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
- ISBN: 1539318877
- EAN: 9781539318873
- Number of Pages: 124
- Author: Hannie P Scott
- Publication Date: October 1st, 2016
- Release Date: October 1st, 2016
Click here for more information
- Size: 9.0 Inches by 6.0 Inches by 0.28 Inches
- Weight: 0.39 Pounds